Sunday, February 2, 2014

Creating the Perfect Swimmer Post 15

This weekend was our county meet.  There were a lot of fast teams there, including Livonia Stevenson.  Since this was a big meet, I was able to swim my main events.  I swam:

50 breast(medley)-27.06
200 IM-1:58.42
100 back-55.04
100 free(relay)-47.87

I am most pleased with my 400 free relay split because it is so much faster than I have ever gone before.  I decided to suit up for this meet because I knew it would be close between us and Livonia Stevenson, so that is why my times are faster than usual.  Also, our medley relay's time was 1:38.08, which is not far off from our school record time of 1:36.86.  For this meet, we were not tapered, shaven, and not everyone was suited up.  So, I don't want to jinx anything, but I am very excited to see what we can do at states this year.


This picture is from right before the 400 free relay.  The relay swam our fastest time all year.  I am on the far right.


My new tech suit also came in the mail this week, it is pictured below.  I got the Speedo LZR Racer Elite 2.  It is my first Speedo brand tech suit, and I love it.  It feels great and I also think it looks really cool.

After my races in the meet this weekend, I realized that I need to work on the little things in my races, mainly my turns.  My turns killed me in my 200 IM, and by improving them, I will go much faster.  So, I have decided to go to as many mornings as possible, and only work on the technical stuff.  In swimming especially, it is the little things that will make you go the fastest.



1 comment:

  1. Sweet new suit, Jacob! Currently having a Google hangout with your teacher- what a great guy! You should consider yourself lucky to have such a cutting edge person in your corner. On another note- loving your idea to practice the technical swimming things in the mornings. Being strategic always helps.

    ReplyDelete