Friday, January 10, 2014

Creating the Perfect Swimmer Post 13

This week is Devils Week.  It is supposed to be the hardest week of training all year for South.  But, our week is shortened because we had 2 meets this week.  One was against GP North, and the other was a double dual against U of D and Bloomfield Hills.
Against North, I swam:
200 free: 1:54.04
50 free: 23.66
100 breast: 1:08.06
I got to swim events that I don't normally swim because North doesnt have a good swim team.
Against U of D and Bloomfield hills, I swam:
50 free(medley): 22.77
100 fly: 56.10
100 back: 57.14
100 free(relay): 51.27

For this meet, we swam our normal events because Bloomfield Hills is ranked  9th in D1, while we are ranked 10th in D2.

I am finding it harder and harder to find motivation to swim in practice for South.  It is not at all like when I was swimming for Gators, when I didn't even want to get out of the water.  It is really worrying me because I need to keep training as hard as I can in order to get All-State.

For our lifting in the morning, our coach switches up the workout routine every 4-5 weeks.  Next week, we start out last workout before we taper. It is very exciting because it shows how close we are to the state meet.

I have started thinking about my presentation at the end of the year.  I think I am going to focus on 'hard work can/will lead to success.'  I will include a PowerPoint somehow but I don't know what I am goin to include yet.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at your meet! I know how hard it is to train for these big meets! I also blog about swimming so check it out at mcurban12@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete